My book, How To Sell Video Courses Online sells very well on Amazon. Here is the book’s resources page.
First, have you signed up to my newsletter?
If you want to find out about free offers of my kindle books, my free courses, discounts of my courses and other great stuff you should signup to my newsletter (and you’ll receive two free e-books, two MP3s and a great resources list). I’ll never send more than one email a week and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Platforms where you can sell your courses:
- Udemy is the market leader and remains the best online learning platform to sell courses on. Udemy course checklist.
- Skillshare is a New York based online learning platform.
- Amazon Video Direct “launched” amid great instructor excitement around April 2016. There’s a lot of talk of the retail giant moving into education in a big way.
- AdobeKnowHow. I’ve emailed AdobeKnowHow several times but they’ve not replied. This happened to Phil as well. Keep persisting with them, you never know, it may pay off.
- Stone River Elearning
- StackSkills is definitely worth a try.
- learning.ly (from the Economist) looks promising.
- So far Curious.com has been disappointing. I
- SkillSuccess.com may be worth a try.
- “Deals”, “Stacks” and “Bundle” sites: The two I’ve had the most success with are: DealFuel and StackSocial. There is also MightyDeals.
- The mother list of places online to make money
How to sell your courses on your site
The easiest way is with a solution like Teachable, Kajabi or Thinkific.
The hard way is to set up a WordPress membership site plug-in with video storage. There is a baffling array of WordPress membership site plug-ins.
There are many more, for example: LearnDash and WooCommerce are WordPress friend alternatives. For the video storage and delivery, you can use Amazon S3, Wistia or Vimeo Pro.
Other resources mentioned in the book:
- Screencasting software: ScreenFlow (Mac only) and Camtasia (Mac and PC).
- Udemy: Join this Facebook group, Phil Ebiner’s Online Course Masters
- Camera equipment: Softbox kit for lighting; the Gilf to attach iPhone to tripod.
- iPhone Video Hero course
- Microphones: Blue Snowflake ($40); The Blue Yeti (Silver edition) ($105)
- Audio editing: excellent free program Audacity.
About the book
The book is about how you can sell your expertise. We are all experts but it does take some work to be able to sell that expertise online.
So I explain everything about course creation from beginning to end. We start with how to research the content and title of your courses. It’s very important to choose courses that will help people and that there’s demand for. There is technical information about video course creation, advice on how to create your first course, how to market your course, and loads more.
Once you have created a course it can earn you substantial money every month for years to come. I now make over $2500 every month passively from my online courses. Course creation also helps to build your brand as an authority in your industry.
- Buy How To Sell Video Courses Online on Amazon in the UK
- Buy How To Sell Video Courses Online on Amazon in the US