This is the resources page for the book Build a Brand, Create Products & Earn Passive Income by Rob Cubbon.
I hope you enjoyed reading the book. Here are some resources mentioned in the book and more!
Setting up WordPress videos: Set a website up easily with one-click on Vidahost. Get the free WordPress software from WordPress.org and set up manually (a little safer and you’ll learn more).
Domain name registration: GoDaddy or NameCheap.
Hosting: Vidahost are the hosts I use the most. And HostGator are a good alternative.
Keyword Planner tool
Email marketing companies (for storing email and sending mail): MailChimp and AWeber
Video: Add a MailChimp Email Signup Form in a WordPress Sidebar Widget
Video: AWeber: Sending Follow-Up or Sequential Auto-Responder Emails
Set up an account at kdp.amazon.com but sign in with your already existing Amazon details (assuming you use Amazon).
Awesome video (give it a thumbs up!) How To Self Publish a Kindle E-book on Amazon’s KDP Select — Join the Self-Publishing Revolution
My video about Starting A Podcast with WordPress and Blubrry Powerpress
Selling video courses
- If you want to sell your own video courses from a WordPress website I would recommend WishList Member membership plug-in or MemberMouse.
- Screencasting software: ScreenFlow (Mac only) and Camtasia (Mac and PC).
- Udemy: Join these Facebook groups, first Udemy Studio which should be easy to join and then move on to the Udemy Faculty Lounge. They have a Google doc checklist of requirements. And, finally, apply to become a Udemy Premium Instructor.
- Camera equipment: Softbox kit for lighting; the Gilf to attach iPhone to tripod.
- iPhone Video Hero course
- Microphones: Blue Snowflake ($40); The Blue Yeti (Silver edition) ($105)
- Audio editing: excellent free program Audacity.